Today’s Presenter: Fr. Gary Caster was ordained in 1992 and is a priest of the Diocese of Peoria, Illinois. He has worked as a high school chaplain, religion teacher, director of campus ministries, and parish mission and retreat leader. He is the author of several books, including Prayer Everywhere, the Spiritual Life Made Simple, Joseph, the man who raised Jesus, The Little Way of Advent and The Little Way of Lent. He currently serves as the Parochial Vicar for the Ottawa Catholic Community.
The Little Way of Spiritual Childhood
Options and Extras:
The daily basics will set you up for a good retreat. If you want to up the intensity, here are some choices:
- Add a second 30-minute meditation period.
- Pray this guided meditation by Jennifer Sagel (begins at 3:55, 22 min length)
- Meet retreat patron Chiara Luce Badano (1971-1990)
- Pray the Joyful Mysteries of the Rosary… maybe on a walk?
- Start getting to know St. Therese… online, kindle, ebook, thriftbooks, amazon
- Speaking of great books, here are Fr. Caster’s.